THANK YOU FOR ANOTHER
SUCCESSFUL MEETING –
AFGE, APWU, IBEW, IBT & SMART!!!
We had a good meeting, good turn-out (10 Union Members) & good fellowship!!! It wouldn’t be possible without you and all of the Labor Organizations in WNC – We still have the BEST CLC IN North Carolina!!!
Several Highlights from the Meeting:
- Philiip Price, 11th District Congressional Candidate spoke to the group – received WNC CLC Endorsement;
- Dick Warren was motioned to be our Delegate to the AFL-CIO Convention;
- Finalized plans for WNC CLC Community Service Project (Habitat for Humanity), and Community Outreach Program (Canton Labor Day Parade & Asheville Tourists Baseball Game on Labor Day), distributing water bottles;
- On behalf of ATU & SMART, wrote letters to our Representatives in support of “Safe Freight Act” & “Bus Operator Protection Act”
Several Items That We Need From You:
- Local Union Political Coordinator, “LUC” – Each Union Local needs to appoint/vote in a LUC for Labor2018, and email me their information, PLEASE. Labor2018 Training will be starting August/September;
- The WNC CLC are taking orders for t-shirts – individuals and Labor Organizations please get your orders in as soon as possible (mock-up of the shirt is attached);
- We need your participation – we have several Community Outreach Projects & Community Service Projects in the coming months – We need to show the Supreme Court and Western North Carolina that the LABOR MOVEMENT IS VERY ACTIVE & STRONG IN WNC!!!
Please Mark Your Calendar!!!
- July 13: Sam Edney, NC House 113 Fundraiser, Flat Rock
- August 4: Rhonda Schandevel, NC House 118 Fundraiser, Mars Hills Recreation Park, 4:00p-7:00p;
- August 13: WNC CLC Meeting and Political Training, 6:30p, (subject to change);
- August 13-17: AFL-CIO National Political Training, Jacksonville, FL
- September 3: Canton Labor Day Parade, 10:00a-11:30a;
- September 3: WNC CLC Sponsor for the Asheville Tourists, 12:00p-4:00p, (more information will follow);
- September 15: Habitat for Humanity, Flat Rock, (more information will follow);
- September 19: AFL-CIO Executive Board Meeting, Raleigh
- September 20-21: AFL-CIO Convention, Raleigh
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL THAT YOU DO FOR YOUR UNION, LOCAL MEMBERS AND FOR YOUR WNC CLC!!!