Daily Kos staff looks back at some of their favorite posts from the past week.
- In absence of presidential leadership, Rep. Escobar becomes a comforter in chief for El Paso
- Immigrant workers in Mississippi were targeted by ICE after fighting back against sexual harassment and unsafe working conditions. Please chip in $1 each to groups organizing humanitarian efforts.
- North Carolina Republican’s response to shootings: Embrace ‘clown’ slur pushed by white supremacists
- Barack Obama calls out racism and hatred. Donald Trump takes personal offense
- Major media outlets have laid off more than 3,100 writers, editors, and support staff so far this year. Support independent, progressive media: Chip in $5 to Daily Kos now.
- Alaska’s Republican governor targeted for recall by broad cross-section of political ‘heavy hitters’
- Here are the top politicians getting cash from the NRA and standing in the way of gun law reforms
- Republicans fake outrage after Democrat tweets publicly available information, and the media bites
- We deserve to know which idiot decided ‘video games’ would be the Republican response to mass murder
- This Week in Statehouse Action: Second Nature edition
- The cost of conspiracism: FBI memo examines how theories fuel lethal terrorism
- Trump White House rebuffed efforts by DHS to prioritize fighting domestic terrorism
- 100,000 Signatures needed: Protect Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security!
- Rep. Steve King keeps defending white supremacy. This Democrat is ready to oust him in 2020
- Donald and Melania gleefully pose with the baby whose parents were murdered in El Paso shooting
Stories about 2020 presidential candidates do not equal endorsement.
Want to write your own stories? Log in or sign up to post articles and comments on Daily Kos, the nation’s largest progressive community.
Follow Daily Kos on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Thanks for all you do,
The Daily Kos team