Daily Kos Staff Picks
Daily Kos staff looks back at some of their favorite posts from the past week.
- Pro-KKK paper in Alabama announces sale to apparent Klan leader—then the story keeps getting weirder
- Mueller kept his probe pure for two years. Barr’s corrupted it in two weeks
- Where the hell were Democratic leaders and the progressive movement in Wisconsin?
- Major media outlets have laid off more than 2,400 writers, editors, and support staff so far this year. Support independent, progressive media: Chip in $5 to Daily Kos now.
- Notre Dame coach’s two-minute response to being called the ‘voice’ for women in sports goes viral
- Trump on troop restrictions at border: ‘If they got a little rough everybody would go crazy’
- Jonah Goldberg and the fascism fraud that will not die, a decade later
- Autocracy watch: One second from midnight
- “Democratic” Rep. Tulsi Gabbard supports dictators, opposes gun control, and calls herself “pro-life.” Let’s send a real Dem to Congress. Chip in $3 to Kai Kahele now!
- Georgia is going to give free tampons and pads to low-income people, including in schools
- Civiqs survey results are now available for all 50 states
- Elizabeth Warren offers up plan to kill tax loopholes for the biggest corporations
- DACA recipient tells Sen. Gillibrand she fears being deported ‘to a country that I barely know’
- Trump’s budget slashes more than $1 TRILLION from Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security. Sign the petition: Congress must oppose this latest attack on vulnerable Americans and seniors.
- Primary debates should be a Democratic bulwark against Trump tirades
- How much does Virginia’s new, un-gerrymandered state House map help Democrats? A whole bunch
- Ohio’s budget blacklisting of Planned Parenthood clinics could be a template for other states
- Your Affordable Care Act recap: What’s in a pre-existing condition?
- Sign the petition: End the harassment and surveillance of journalists at our southern border. Hold the Trump admin accountable for violations of freedom of the press!
- Support the candidate that excites you. Stop worrying what everyone else (including Trump) thinks
- Top election officials should adopt these measures to improve transparency and modernize democracy
- This Week in Statehouse Action: Spring Cleaning edition
The Daily Kos Recommended email includes our most read and widely shared stories from Daily Kos staff and our community. Stories about 2020 presidential candidates do not equal endorsement.
Want to write your own stories? Log in or sign up to post articles and comments on Daily Kos, the nation’s largest progressive community.
Follow Daily Kos on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Thanks for all you do,
The Daily Kos team